This is the story of a collection of people who follow Jesus. We live in Littleton. We encounter people in the name of Jesus, we allow Jesus to turn us into disciples, we gather often, and we equip people to love and serve other people better.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Christmas Letter that never happend - first draft :)

Day after Christmas, 2009

It is quiet in the house.  6:45am.  I have been up for a bit.  Folded some laundry, check my email and facebook, read some twitter posts, made some updates to my address book, and thought about Ghengis Khan.  Now that guy could lead. 

I have not done the blogging/jounral thing in awhile.  I think I need to return to it in 2010.  It is hard to make time, but time seems to fly by "unrecorded" and "unobserved" if I don't do something.

Didn't write a Christmas letter this year.  If I had I would have talked about things that happened each month, like all good Christmas letters do...

Jan - The big 4-0.  Mark turned 40

Feb - Annika's birthday, and she attended a Revolve Conference.  Britta sang in a school choir concert.

March - We had 175 at Easter Service, which we held at Stony Creek Elementary School.

April - Britta's birthday.  Mark, Annika and Britta skied the last day of the season at Loveland, using passes purchased in Nov.

May - Annika finished up 6th grade. 

June - Attended BGC meetings at Bethel

July - Traveled all over - Jefson reunion in Iowa, Heidi and girls spent time in Montana, while I went to Brazil again. 

Aug - Norseman Quartet reunion in Montana. 

Nov - Church celebrated its two year birthday.

Dec - Britta performed in her second Colorado Children's Chorale

Typically, these end with some kind of "Have a great Christmas Season, and remember that we can live without fear because God has sent his son to save us."

Mark

Posted via email from Mark's posterous

No comments: