This is the story of a collection of people who follow Jesus. We live in Littleton. We encounter people in the name of Jesus, we allow Jesus to turn us into disciples, we gather often, and we equip people to love and serve other people better.

Monday, August 30, 2010

The Glenn Beck Rally

I am collecting blog posts on the glenn beck rally of the weekend.  So far this is what I have found.  Are there other ones that you might recommend?


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/29/AR2010082903889.html?sid%3DST2010082903985

For the most part, these all seem to point to a Mormon man rallying the conservative Christian right to help return the country to God.  

I watched part of it online, and I guess I more or less really enjoyed what I saw.  But in this case, it does not seem to be about what was said so much as it is about who said it.  

The rally ended with Dave Roever praying.  I heard Dave once.  He came to my high school to speak at an assembly.  I really like that guy.  I love the fact that in his prayer he said, God bless our president, and God bless our legislators."  Those are words I did not hear much from Mr. Beck.  

Here is Dave's prayer:

Thoughts?

Mark

Posted via email from Mark Kraakevik

No comments: