This is the story of a collection of people who follow Jesus. We live in Littleton. We encounter people in the name of Jesus, we allow Jesus to turn us into disciples, we gather often, and we equip people to love and serve other people better.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Status?? A study in introspection - what an extrovert does when left alone

My dashboard

My Bible:  I have read it three days in a row!

My forecast here in Denver: high of 70, currently 55 and rainy

My physical condition: no substantial physical exercise is quite awhile.  Current routine is a 1/2 mile walk each morning.

My emotional condition: (see physical condition) currently a bit bumpy, just saw that the dog dish still has food in it (Bailey died 16 days ago on the highway in Montana).  I am homesick for Brasil, and I am starting to really miss my family. 

My outlook:  Postive.  This fall is going to be a great one at the EDGE.  As a whole, we are falling deeper in love with Jesus, our community is gelling, we have the right peole in leadership, and the possibility exists for significant impact on our community.

My current email count: 6686 messages in yahoo, 5642 in aol/mac/edgeco

My voice mails: 3

My kids: A and B are taking tennis lessons this week.  Shopping for a new puppy

My cell phone: blackberry is present and currently syncing with my mac computer (miracle).  Because I was in Brazil, I have enough minutes left to talk for several days straight and still not use all of July's minutes.

My filing: (the box) the pile on my kitchen table of things to file is currently ten inches high

My facebook: 2045 friends (clear indication that God created me with a desire to connect with people - my hell is a deserted Island)

My twitter: I follow 738 people, 675 people follow me, and I have posted 2,166 status updates

Edge Offerings in church last week: 2973.00 - we made budget in July!  Thank you God.


The bizarre part is God is intimately connected with all of the above details.  They all matter, and yet his love for me is not based on any of this indicators.


Posted via email from Mark's posterous

No comments: