This is the story of a collection of people who follow Jesus. We live in Littleton. We encounter people in the name of Jesus, we allow Jesus to turn us into disciples, we gather often, and we equip people to love and serve other people better.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thirty Days of Prayer for The EDGE Colorado, Day 14

Day 14

Two weeks down!  Thanks so much for your faithful prayers.  

We had a tremendous day at the EDGE.  

We had a violin player today - Naomi Sellers.  She was incredible. 

We watched a Memorial day video: warning, this one will make you cry.  

Tara Borman told some of her story today.  We will need to have her back to tell more of her story, but it was so good to hear what she did in Africa this last winter.  You can hear a spiritual depth in her words that is priceless.

We started our new series on I John today.  I hope to have the podcast posted soon.

_________________

Today, for our prayer time I want to give you a link to a photo taken 100 years ago in a church.  And I simply want us to pray that 100 years from now, the legacy of the EDGE will live on in the lives of people around the world.

Great church.  Looks to be about the size of the EDGE.  I wonder who worshipped there.  I wonder what songs they sang.  I wonder what they prayed about.  I love old photos.  Reminds me of the movie Dead Poets Society.

Psalm 61:4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
       and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
       Selah

 5 For you have heard my vows, O God;
       you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name. 

Let us thank God for the heritage he has given to us.  Those who went before us who paved the way for us to live the lives we enjoy today.  

_________________

Please keep in your prayers

- My mom, who will be having a hip replacement surgery in June.  She is in a lot of pain, and could not be in the nursery today - which of course is where she loves to be.

- Kim Kopp - who continues to battle cancer.  You can read her caringbridge here: 

- Pray for the Brazil trip that is going this July.  

- Pray for those traveling today and tomorrow.

- Pray for those looking for jobs.

Thanks for lifting these things to heaven with us,

Mark

Posted via email from Mark's posterous

No comments: